Ford Repair in Plano, Texas
Driving around Plano, you've no doubt come to appreciate how your trusted Ford car supports your energetic lifestyle. Whether you're heading to work, college or somewhere else, you need a trusted Ford repair shop standing by to keep it in terrific form. If you are in Collin County or surrounding areas, that shop is Sav-Mor Automotive.
A Brief History of Ford
Ford was founded by the famous Henry Ford on June 16, 1903. The company made $30,000 in profit just three months after its founding. In 1908, Henry Ford released the Model T, which was made with his innovative assembly system. Before this system, one car was produced every few days, but with the Ford assembly system, 10,000 Model T's were produced in a single year. Ford introduced the first moving assembly line in 1913 and the company's output became greater and greater; by 1920, production would exceed one million a year. To keep up with this immense demand, Ford paid his workers well, hired disabled people and cut shifts from nine to eight hours a day during the five-day work week.
In the 1940s, Ford turned control of the Ford Motor Company to his grandson, Henry Ford II. In 1956, Ford became a publicly traded corporation. That year, Motor Trend awarded the company with its first "Car of the Year" award. The Ford Mustang went on sale in 1964, which was a huge success and remains one of the fastest-selling cars in history and remains a cultural icon. Two years later, Ford broke Ferrari's six-year winning streak at Le Mans, becoming the first American manufacturer to win the race. In 1980, Phillip Caldwell became the first non-Ford family member to take over the company. In 1985, Ford introduced the Taurus, whose curved shape was unique from the boxy sedans of the time. The Ford Explorer came in 1990, which made SUVs popular among Americans. Your Ford vehicle is built to be resilient, however it still needs some repairs occasionally, ranging from brake repair, to emissions checks, and essentials such as fuel system repair.
Some of the best Ford models to drive and own today are:
- Ford Taurus: The Taurus was manufactured by Ford for 36 years that boasts plenty of trunk space, an affordable price and provides a smooth and comfortable ride. The Taurus was on the 1986 Car and Driver Ten Best List and was the 1986 Motor Trend Car of the Year. In 2008, the Taurus was awarded Top Safety Pick ratings by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety and five-star ratings by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Ford Explorer: This SUV is known for its spacious interior that offers plenty of room for its seven passengers and its generous cargo space. In 1991, the Explorer was awarded Motor Trend's Truck of the Year. The Explorer was also nominated for North American Car of the Year in 2006, and earned the North American Truck of the Year in 2011. We can perform a multitude of services on your Ford Explorer, including cooling system repair.
- Ford Fiesta: The Ford Fiesta has been in production since 1976 and comes as a sedan or a hatchback. The car is not only efficient and well-performing, it is also agile and precise. The Fiesta was the first minicar to achieve Top Safety Pick by the U.S. Insurance Institute for Highway Safety and was Top Gear Magazine's Car of the Year in 2019. When your Ford Fiesta needs transmission repair or another essential service, you can bring your car to us.
- Ford Fusion: The Ford Fusion is a midsize car that ranks well in performance and has an attractive design and a functional and comfortable cabin. The trunk also offers plenty of cargo space. The Fusion has won many awards, including the 2010 Motor Trend Car of the Year, the 2010 North American Car of the Year at the Detroit Auto Show, and the 2017 MotorWeek Driver's Choice Award for Best Family Sedan. If your Ford Fusion needs speedometer repair or anything else, don't hesitate to bring it to Sav-Mor Automotive.
Your Skilled Auto Repair Shop
When the time comes to bring your Ford in for repairs, you can bring your car to Sav-Mor Automotive in Plano. Our owner Brennan and knowledgeable technicians take a dignified and sensitive approach to auto repair, treating each and every customer with respect. Whether your Ford car, truck, or SUV requires small service tweaks or a major automobile repair, every technician at Sav-Mor Automotive in Plano has the manufacturer level tools, knowledge, and experience to provide extraordinary Ford repair and service. We are very transparent about the services we think your vehicle needs and will never recommend any service that isn't absolutely necessary.
If you are in Plano or surrounding areas, don't hesitate to bring your Ford to Sav-Mor Automotive today! Since 1963, we've been serving Ford owners that live in Plano, Richardson, Murphy, Lucas, Garland, and surrounding communities. Here are some reasons to choose us:
- We are a NAPA AutoCare shop and offer NAPA Easy Pay financing.
- We have 80 five-star reviews from plenty of satisfied customers.
- We work with a variety of groups, including Boy Scouts, the University of Texas - Dallas, and Living For Zachary, to help and build a community that we and our neighbors are proud to be a part of.
To make an appointment with Sav-Mor Automotive in Plano, Texas, 75074, you can give us a call at 972-696-7319 or do so online at https://www.sav-morautomotive.com/appointments. Sav-Mor Automotive: Family owned and operated since 1963.